♥ Homemade body scrub

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

There's nothing quite as soothing as using exfoliating body scrub in the shower.  My skin feels so smooth and healthy afterward and it helps moisturize and hydrate making you look refreshed all the time.  I've been using Fresh's brown sugar body polish but at $65 a pop, I thought I would try making my own.  Not only was it so easy to make but it can also make great gifts!

 Simply mix together the salt and sugar with olive oil to the consistency of your preference with a 3 to 1 salt/sugar to oil ratio
 Add a tablespoon of pink sugar crystals for color and 5 drops of an essential oil for fragrance
 Make sure to test the consistency on your hands to see if you want to add more sugar
(if it's too harsh)
 Package the homemade mixture in a sealed jar and enjoy!

20 comments:

Ratz said...

Nice!

Jessisms said...

LOVE this! I have done some of my own before too :)

Kim said...

Hi Jenny, I'm new to your blog (a friend of mine sent me your link) and I really love it. I feel awkward writing to someone I don't know but I really wanted you to know how cute it is! I think I may be scrolling through your site for the next couple hours and I should be sleeping :) The pink crystals here were the perfect touch. I'm going to try this!!

Katz NYC said...

That's a great idea because body scrubs can be really pricey and I'm all about knowing exactly what's in my cosmetics. Making your own you can be sure there are no harsh chemicals. I have so many ideas in my head right now what kinds of scrubs to make. Great idea Jenny!

Claire said...

ooo this looks really great, i may give it a go!

Natalia Lynn said...

This is an excellent idea, I love it!

RACHAEL said...

so easy to make AND such a great idea :) definitely think I'm going to whip some up as little christmas presents x

Annie said...

great post! It really is so easy!

Jamie said...

This is great! I am gonna have to try it, thanks!

Emma said...

Great "recipe" (for lack of a better word)!

I've seen similar things with sugar and lotion. DIY alternatives to expensive beauty products are always fun :)

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

love this!

Sam said...

How cool is this!!? I didn't know it was that simple! I think the ping sugar makes all the difference. LOVE! I'm so trying this!

Surviving Sweden said...

Ooh this is great, I was just thinking this is something I could probably do myself because the all natural ones are so expensive, and here it is easy peasy. Thanks!

Janelle said...

I MUST try this! I LOVE those salt scrubs but they are always sooooo expensive. Cannot wait to try, thanks posting!!!!

A Lost Feather said...

oh wow that does sound easy enough :) and it looks great. thanks for sharing :)

Caitlin said...

I love this idea. I use to use body scrub but haven't in awhile and now I will!

Linda Pochinda said...

cute!

Amanda said...

My friend had a make your own body scrub station at her bridal shower - they were the favors! I'm definitely going to have to try this :)

Shelly said...

I need to try this! My skin is so dry..thanks for posting Jmay!

Nuha said...

love this! i've made something similar using oatmeal + sugar before..but yours is a lot more fun with the color and smell :)