♥ The best of both worlds

Monday, January 30, 2012

When I lived in San Francisco, the Swede & I would try to get up to Lake Tahoe with friends as often as we could to go Snowboarding at Squaw Valley.  The only problem was it was a 4 hour drive which often took longer with all the traffic.  Since moving to LA, I've been able to make it up to Big Bear Mountain a couple times already, one of which we did last weekend.  It's conveniently only an hour & 45 min. drive and located right above Lake Arrowhead.  

There's not too many cities where you can surf in the morning and be snowboarding nearby before noon. : )
After a weekend in the snow, I couldn't have asked for better weather this past Saturday & Sunday.  It was almost 80 degrees all weekend so we rode our bikes to Venice beach and had lunch and drinks at a German beer garden. 
I'm falling in love with LA more and more each day. 

16 comments:

Girlie Blogger said...

Wow. You do have the best of both worlds. Very nice!

www.thegirlieblog.com

Sini said...

That is amazing, I would love to live in that kind of place! Winter and summer together, love love love :)

Dancing Branflake said...

Dang. You and the Swede are one photogenic couple.
I love Lake Tahoe. So glad it's only a car trip away.

Sam said...

You are so lucky to live there. OH and you and the Swede are the cutest couple!

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

I am incredibly jealous of the weekend you had in L.A.
Can I invite myself to the next one?

;) What a way to spend your time with loved ones!!

Mrs C ♥ said...

Well I've got the snow but I don't got the beach.... :o(

Lovely pics JMay! That pic of the rainbow across the road is supa cool!

Glad to have you back BTW - I've missed seeing your face around the blogosphere! :o)

Liesl said...

Oh how I miss Big Bear...I was there last year for a ski weekend! Glad you are enjoying all LA has to offer!

Liesl :)

Jessi said...

I'm ALWAYS saying that Colorado truly would be perfect if it had both the mountains and the ocean ;) Lucky girl!
xoxo J

Brittany @ Each Day Gets Better. said...

very jealous of that weather. wish i could leave the snow only to go when i wanted. :)

grasie said...

I mean...CAN I GET AN INVITE?!! Miss you ladies. LOVE THE PICS!
xoxo
g
http://stylemegrasie.com/

chibiaion said...

How lucky you are to have them both. Wish I could be in LA too, its wickedly cold out here. :)
buy aion account

Ashley said...

This sounds like the perfect weekend and life. seriously, LA is a whole different world. i love visiting and falling into all the fun that holds. It's so hard to come back. i love those bikes sooo cute!!

Rachel said...

" Euhporia " is back with a new name and facelift! check it out and spread the word!
www.evergrowinginlife.blogspot.com

-Rach :)

Blicious said...

this is why I love LA!! love!!

xoxo
b

Katz NYC said...

You sure have the best of the both worlds! I wish we could easily escape somewhere warm in the middle of the winter, not having to fly. California's calls keep getting louder and louder each year... X

Liesl said...

So, so true! Can I just tell you how adorable you looking your cream winter hat! Love it and all your pictures!

Liesl :)