♥ DIY Glitter Mason Jars

Thursday, January 26, 2012

I never get tired of looking at creative office spaces and I have been doing a whole lot of it on Pinterest lately as I am currently setting up my own work space at my new home.  My goal is to keep the office supplies on my desk to a minimum which allows the space and creativity to flow but also making sure to incorporate inspirational eye catchers on the wall.  Finally, I'd like to add a few colors that really pop, a great marriage of function and style.

I thought the ever popular Mason Jars would be perfect for the top of the desk.  My stash is ever growing and with my love for glitter, it's the perfect addition of color with the added bonus of functionality.

 
The project itself was very simple, did not take long at all, and the only supplies needed were glitter paint and mini circular sponges.  I found both at Michael's and used Martha Stewart's line which I find to be the best quality. 

I painted the glass by dabbing the glitter around the jar evenly using 3 coats (waiting 30 minutes in between each coat).  

Here, I simply used a cupcake stencil for the heart Mason Jar.

Et voila! The perfect desk accessories.  I will be adding another DIY project for the wall above my desk so stay tuned for the final look!

15 comments:

Girlie Blogger said...

Very nice! We love mason jars. This is such a wonderful decorating idea.
www.thegirlieblog.com

Lib at Truly His said...

They are adorable!

Maria said...

Ooh! I love this! I see you've got the help! I want to read the book so badly, but right about now school is taking up 250% of my time!

Nicole said...

I absolutely love the glitter! I have mason jars on my craft room table, but I'll have to spruce them up a bit. I just bought Ellen's book - can't wait to dive in!

Tracy-Girl @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

Those are so cute - such an awesome idea :) just blog stalked you - and my husband and I are thinking of taking another trip to Europe this year... and you've convinced me we have to do Sweden ;)

{andthisiswhatshesaid} said...

Cute!

SimplyHeather said...

That's pretty cool - me likey (:

Heather said...

These are so cute!!! The perfect desk additions. GAH I love your DIY projects! Request for more fashion posts too! haha

Caitlin said...

These are so cute! I loooove the heart one..it's perfect for Vday!

Gisela said...

This idea is so cool and easy to make! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

Love
Gisela
xox

Brittany @ Each Day Gets Better. said...

very cute. i may just have to do that for the things on my dresser.

Shala said...

So cute!! And easy! I'll have to try it out

L.A. in the bay said...

SO creative, so happy to have found your blog!

dancin' momma said...

What a fun idea. Love these!

Ashley Janice said...

I have been saving jars lately and this must be why! I love these and will definitely use your great idea. Thanks for sharing!